Tuesday, February 24, 2009

18-21.2.09 Pastoral and Snowy Passau via Munich Metropolis

A view from the garden in the Mathematics and Informatics Department of Passau University, Germany.
Passau at sunset.
It's snowing! Passau University.
Hep, an impossible tetrahedron? One day I should try it again, making it truly infinite...

Beautiful 3D Geometrical shapes. Mathematics and Informatics Department, Passau University. Gwen, you would like it!
A look from the Mathematics and Informatics Department's garden. Passau University.

The important street where you will find the BEADs STORE! Rindermarkt 10, Passau.
Beads, beads and of course, more beads.
I entered this warm Perlenwelt beads shop from the beautiful and cold snowy weather outside. To my surprise, I found in this beautiful shop a various choice of Ayala Bar Magnific Jewelry. I felt quiet proud for her. It's ashame I couldn't communicate properly with the beads seller, but luckily enough, a kind Austrian visitor came to my help with her useful German/English translation. There were plenty of special beads in that store, very nicely exposed. I especially liked all the special Nature organic seeds. There were also some special crocheted gloves with inserted swarovsky crystals, beads from all over the world and very aesthetic vitrines.

Nice vitrine with beaded Jewelry. Harald Eggenberger, Grabengasse 29, Passau.
Beautiful Shop vitrine with the famous Brezel or Pretzel or בייגלך, Passau. They really know how to decorate the window displays. Look at these wonderful colours!
You can also visit the Think! website, if you like these shoes.

A food recommendation in Passau. Go to the Bräustüberl Hacklberg‎ (Bräuhausplatz 7, Passau) and take the duck or goulash soup. Prices are very reasonable and the bier is excellent, tasting like a light juice.

A goodbye picture from the neighborhood of the Atrium Hotel.
Pastel colours all around.
This last picture is from Munich, which is the BIG city. I found there a small heaven. A shop called "Kunst und Spiel GmbH" (Leopoldstr. 48 - D-80802 München) where you can find original industry or handmade designs and plenty of craft supplies and amazing German books on Crochet, Knitting, Beadwork, Felting, Origami and much more. The thing is I almost forgot myself there, when I noticed the light was off suddenly. Almost locked in a German store - which might not be such a nightmare in such a place, I had to rush and decide what to buy in 3 mn. Finally, they wouldn't accept any credit card, only cash or cheques. I gave up for the silky felt and took 2 amazing books on felting.

Tschüss my friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the interesting photos! I feel like I've visited Munich now! :)