Tuesday, October 27, 2009

26.10.09 A Pink Golden Oak leaf earring with a Joann Baumann's Ndbele earring

Aposteriori, it's not a good combination, they don't fit together, you are more then welcome to tell me what do you think can fit to each one. I am a bit lazy to make another oak leaf earring, it took few hrs and I am not used to freeform peyote, so it was a bit scaring :-) but I may arrive to such a conclusion one day, that this would be the best choice?! Unless I decide to tranform into a brooch and than no more dilemmas ;-)

The instructions for the Golden Oak designed by Jean Campbell can be found in the last Beadwork Magazine, August/September 2009, pp 38-41. I used 11/0 seed beads instead of 15/0 and even then I had to use a 15 needle in some places.

The second earring is inspired based on the picture of
one of Joann Baumann's 2002 Ndbele earrings, that appears in my Beadwork bible, "The art of Beadwork" by Valerie Hector, p.102.

No comments: