Saturday, February 27, 2010

7-27.2.10 Gilet sans manches de Phildar

GILET SANS MANCHES #026-T9-269 (Phildar No. 026, Hiver 2009/2010, size 34/40) by Phildar Design Team, is the first knitted cloth I have ever knitted ( excluding all accessories).
I used 9mm round needles and 3 skeins of Peach Pastel Super Soft Yarn of TeDdY's Wool , knitted with doubled thread (exactly 300 m/300 gr).
After painful trial and error, I had to unpick 13cm height of work with 196 st, to discover that the right number of st for my size (S) with this doubled thread is 110 st.
Glad to have accomplished it. Got the drive to make it when I saw it on one of my French relatives, in one of her visits to Israel.

3 comments:

DVArtist said...

This turned out lovely. Nice job for your first time.

Nicole/Beadwright

judith27k said...

Thanks Nicole!

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, I hadn't come across judith27k.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Carry on the good work!