Thursday, February 10, 2011

5-10.2.11 Ehud Booties

These booties were knitted based on the “Page 81 Booties” instructions by Susan B. Anderson in her book “Itty-Bitty Hats”, embellished with crocheted Plain Pansy Flowers, designed by Suzann Thompson and published in her book “Crochet Bouquet” on pp. 63-64.
I used for the booties a doubled thread of Teddy’s wool yarn, long tail cast on of 19 sts for the 3-6 month size and 2 squares for each booty as for Rom booties, but this time, one pair in light blue and the other pair in Capri Blue. The flowers were crocheted with a 2mm size hook size and cotton thread (50gr/125m).
While knitting this project, I was really nervous. I started with 21 COs which turned out to be too much and had to start all over again with only 19 COs. The final result, after the sewing part (grrrr....) and thread hiding (too many of them!) before adding the flowers, came out a bit distorted and uneven, even if I did my best to have exactly 4 identical squares. Though the knitting is simple and the shape is cute, I wasn’t happy with the time spent via the “unperfect” result due to the sewing part (which I really tried to do the best I could :-().

No comments: